If you like Edgar Allan Poe and you enjoy creating artful projects, you are in the right place!

Thursday, April 30, 2015

QUOTH THE RAVEN CHALLENGE #43: TIC-TAC-POE (WEEK 5)

I am here with a simple piece of tag art as a reminder that this is the last week of the Quoth the Raven Tic-Tac-Poe challenge.  It's a fun and simple challenge where we provide you with a grid and you select three elements--horizontally, vertically or diagonally--and create something related to Edgar Allan Poe.  Here's the grid:



For this week's reminder art, I have chosen a diagonal pattern and have used some stitching, the well-known quote "Nevermore!" and a stamped image of a raven.  (Please don't tell the raven it is actually an image of a crow from Stampotique Originals!)

Here's my tag:



And, a list of supplies:
  • Ranger's #10 manila tag (shortened)
  • Dylusions ink sprays in Pure Sunshine and Dirty Martini
  • Stampotique's Moon Girl's Crow
  • Stampotique's Circles Cube (grounding under crow)
  • Yellow ribbon from my stash
  • Sticko stickers (nevermore)
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Wendy Vecchi's Archival Ink (Watering Can)
  • Sewing machine
  • Basic tool kit
I hope you can find some time this week to participate in the Tic-Tac-Poe challenge at Quoth the Raven.  You can submit your artwork here.

Glad you stopped by today.  I thank you both for your visit and your comments!  Have a great week!




10 comments:

  1. Really love how this tag has turned out Kay, and with it's bright background the black raven really pops!

    I've never read any Edgar Allan Poe but when I was browsing in a bookshop recently, I came across a collection of Penguin Classic books by various authors, but in a small size. There was one by Edgar Allan Poe called "The Tell-Tale Heart" and as these little books were only $2.00 each, I thought it would be a good and inexpensive way, to see what I thought of his writings. I haven't started reading it yet but as it only has 48 pages, it shouldn't take long. You have inspired me to find out a little more about someone I have certainly heard of, but not known anything about. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks, Helen. I hope you enjoy the story. I think I will reread it as you do!

      Delete
  2. I think Moon Girls Crow makes a perfect Raven ;) Fab background Kay
    Big hugs from Poppy and me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He could be a raven ! lol... Fabulous tag Kay ! Mwah !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those yummy colours -- that background is so magical and makes a perfect stage for your raven and quote! <3 that ribbon too!! Well done, Kay !!! (((hugs))) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deeeelicious inky background kay!!! The crow makes a fabulous raven and love the stitching. Fab tag Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better be watching for ravens at the campsite....nice tag. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Kay, raven or crow?, same to me, lol

    ReplyDelete